Happy Saturday lovelies! This is a particularly special edition of Saturday Grooves because it is my
ONE YEAR BLOG-A-VERSARY!! <--- What the Wha???
A year ago I could have never imagined that I would be able to sustain a blogging practice once a week for a year. In fact, on my former blog I could only muster up a blog post once or twice a year. I'm so happy to have shown up with my writing over the past 12 months . . . all in all a happy happy day here at West - dot - Coach!
In honor of this 52nd blog post, I thought I'd do something FUN and share with you my five favorite Oracle Card Decks! I use these regularly in my coaching practice and I've had my clients tell me it's one of their favorite parts of our sessions . . . which is even more reason to share them!
1. Soul Coaching Oracle Cards (Denise Linn) - This deck wasn't my first, but it is the one I've used the most with my coaching clients and I have to say that pulling cards from this particular deck holds a kind of magic that I can't quite explain. Of course the relationship you have with your cards is personal . . . but in addition to that I love the artwork and the meaningful descriptions in the guidebook - these cards are close to my heart!
2. The Oracle of E (Pam Grout & Collette Baron-Reid) - I think at this point (if you've been reading for any length of time at all) you know I'm a total Pam Grout Fan Girl! After reading Thank and Grow Rich and E-Squared . . . I wanted these cards SO BADLY. But I refrained. And then after a particularly hard day I chucked them in my Amazon cart (Free Next Day Prime Shipping!), and haven't regretted it for a second! Here's what I'll say: In keeping with the humorous tone of her books, these cards are FUN. Given that some Tarot/Oracle practices are on the more serious side? There is all kinds of room for this set - and I'm so glad I added it to my collection.
3. Water Crystal Oracle (Masaru Emoto) - These cards are based on the work of Masaru Emoto who believed emotional "energies" and "vibrations" could change the physical structure of water. Emoto's water crystal experiments consisted of exposing water in glasses to different words, pictures or music, and then freezing and examining the aesthetic properties of the resulting crystals with microscopic photography. (Wikipedia) It is fascinating! If you take it to the next level and remember that 60% of our bodies are made up of water - just think about the impact negative commentary (either about others or to ourselves) can have on our physical beings. I also love this experiment Danielle LaPorte did with her son speaking kind and not-so-kind words to separate 1/2's of an apple. Genius!
4. The Shaman's Oracle (John Matthews & Will Kinghan) - What I love most about this deck is the incredible artwork inspired by cave drawings, along with the two guiding cards: The Journeyer and The Helper, which represent the person who is doing the reading . . . The Seeker. Additionally I'm drawn to the way the cards are divided into five groupings: Spirits, Ancestors, Hunters, Dancers and Shamans. I actually have the older version of this set, but it looks like there is a new one coming out this Fall - go get it!
5. The Deck of Rumi (as I call it) - This set of 54 cards (each featuring a quote from the famous 13th Century poet) is split into six "families" - birth, love, ordeal, transformation, warnings and rewards - and offers wisdom for virtually every aspect of life. Plus the paper the cards are printed on is smooth and just feels good to hold. <--- these things are important to me! Love 'em!
I have a couple more decks in my "reserved for later" section of my Amazon shopping cart too . . . they are:
Native Spirit Oracle Cards (Denise Linn) - I think it goes without saying that this is an awesome deck - I neeeeeed it!
Affirmators - 50 Affirmation Cards to Help You Help Yourself - without the Self-Helpyness! (Suzi Barrett) - These are hilarious. 'Nuf Said. :)
And s-o-m-e-d-a-y I have a goal to make my own oracle deck using my photos and words . . . can you see it?
So there you have it!
And just a quick note to those of you who have been so encouraging over the last year (Hello my lovely Gutsy Glorious Life Coaching group!) - Thank You x a million . . . it means so much to me.
Happy Holiday Weekend!
Love and Light,
p.s. Want more magic like this in your inbox? Sign up for my newsletter below!
Meet me here on Saturdays for some weekly vibes - honoring the week that has past, and clearing the way for what's new. Gather your journal and favorite pen, along with a hot cup of coffee/tea/chai - and settle in for 30 minutes dedicated to YOU.