Yesterday I taught a Vision Boarding workshop - which got me thinking it might be fun to share some of my ideas here on How to Create a Killer Vision Board!
1. Choose Your Backdrop - Before you get started . . . think about what you will create your "board" on. I love to use those giant poster-size 3M "post-it" sheets for my yearly Visioning . . . and they are HUGE and sometimes take a whole weekend to complete. Only have a couple of hours? I find that an opened up file folder is a more manageable size and has a nice weight to it - so this is what I have my students use in class.
2. Gather Your Content - Have some ideas about what you want to manifest in you life? In addition to saving magazines and catalogs you get in the mail, you might want to pick a few up at the store to supplement your stash. Another reason I love doing vision boarding with friends is because they always have different magazines than I do, and inevitably I find something super cool in their pile!
3. Focus on Your Feelings - It really is all about the feelings people! If you're familiar with Danielle LaPorte, she has a whole list of Core Desired Feelings on her website here. When you're searching for images and making your Vision Board . . . it's not so much about "stuff", as it is about how you feel when you get where you're going! Think about it . . . How will you feel when you get that new job/promotion? How will you feel when you meet the love of your life? How will you feel when you buy your first home? Focus on those feelings, and photos/imagery that bring about those feelings!
4. Pay Attention! - I was working on a Vision Board once (long ago), and felt compelled to fill in some space dead-center on my board with something long and skinny where there was some white showing through. I found this great pendant necklace in the shape of a key in a Nordstrom catalog which fit perfectly . . . BAM! Well six months later that necklace presented itself to me in the form of some volunteer swag . . . I can't make this stuff up! Granted it was totally the dollar-store/Mardi Gras version of the same thing but it was the EXACT necklace. I still have it to this day. I guess what I'm trying to say is be careful what you wish for - Vision Boards are powerful manifesting tools!
5. Do it Again! - Vision Boarding is very much part of what Martha Beck calls "Dreaming and Scheming" . . . so when you start to get the things you are dreaming about (the "Ideal into Real" phase), it's time to make a new one! You can do Vision Boards whenever the muse calls to you - but some fun times I like to do them is in January - for the whole year ahead, Seasonally, or Monthly on the New Moon - which is a great time for manifesting your wildest dreams.
I'd love to see your Vision Boards - sent me a note and attach a picture!
Love and Light,
p.s. Sign up for my newsletter below to get a free download of more Vision Boarding tips and tricks, and two pages of motivational words and phrases to make your board even more fun!
Meet me here on Saturdays for some weekly vibes - honoring the week that has past, and clearing the way for what's new. Gather your journal and favorite pen, along with a hot cup of coffee/tea/chai - and settle in for 30 minutes dedicated to YOU.
I'm in the top 100 Life Coach Blogs!
Follow me on Pinterest!