This week I am sharing some tips with you about asking for what you want!
Asking can sometimes feel daunting - whether it be asking a friend for help, your boss for a raise, or your kid to embrace a new routine - but the results can be magic. So here are five tips for speaking up!
1. If you don't ask the answer is always "No." This has been a great motivator for me over the last few years - it's so true!
2. When you try (ask) - you will succeed or survive. Thank you Mel Robbins for this bit of wisdom! Bottom line, no one is going to die. Especially you.
3. Release any attachment to the outcome. Generally, I am pleasantly surprised when I ask for what I want, because I usually get it! However last week I had a moment where I asked someone for something (that wasn't actually that big of a deal), and got a fat "No." I was so mad! And I promptly reminded myself that it was just data - which will help inform me to make different choices in the future. Let it go baby!
4. When you ask for help, it actually empowers others. Yep - when you ask for help, it allows people show up as better versions of themselves, and empowers them to do great things! This can be especially true in a work environment - delegate y'all!
5. Asking is like a muscle. The more you do it, the stronger you'll become and the easier it will be!
So there you have it - I'd love to hear if you put any of these to use and what the results are . . . let me know in the comments or send me a note!
Wishing you all a lovely holiday - I am grateful for YOU!
p.s. Want to see more magic like this in your inbox? Sign up for my newsletter below!
Meet me here on Saturdays for some weekly vibes - honoring the week that has past, and clearing the way for what's new. Gather your journal and favorite pen, along with a hot cup of coffee/tea/chai - and settle in for 30 minutes dedicated to YOU.
I'm in the top 100 Life Coach Blogs!
Follow me on Pinterest!